Commissioner For

Commissioner For Oaths

-A commissioner for oaths’ in the province of Alberta may witness signatures on legal documents such as statutory declarations, land titles transfers, vital statistics documents, divorce documents etc.

-A commissioner for oaths may not certify true copies, complete documents, etc.

-If your documents are leaving Alberta, we recommend you go to a Notary Public, as our signatures may not be valid. Similarly, some documents state that they must be notarized.

-Do not sign any of your documents prior to coming to the registry to have them commissioned.

-You must bring your valid driver’s license or passport.

Disclaimer: While we have done our best to describe what you need for a service, every situation is unique and variable circumstances may change the requirements for a service. If you have any questions or concerns regarding proper documents, please don’t hesitate to call so we can ensure you have everything you need the first time.